Galaxy Community Conference July 2019, Freiburg, Germany
- Workshop: Train the Galaxy Trainer. Saskia Hiltemann, Helena Rasche, Simon Gladman, Bérénice Batut, Anna Syme.
July 3, 2019
- Workshop: Assembly and annotation of bacterial genomes. Delphine Lariviere, Anna Syme. July 4, 2019
Australian Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Society (ABACBS) Conference, November 2018, Melbourne, Australia
Galaxy Australia: National Bioinformatics Training 2018
- Workshop: Facilitator Training for Hybrid Training. Melbourne, 26-27 July.
- Workshops: Introduction to Galaxy Australia, Genome Assembly, Differential Gene Expression from Bacterial RNA-seq Data, Metagenomics. National Hybrid Training (multiple simulatenous locations around Australia), throughout 2018.
Melbourne Bioinformatics Tutorial Presentations 2016-2018
- Workshops: Introduction to Galaxy, Introduction to Variant Calling, Differential Expression with RNA-Seq, Microbial Genome Assembly and Annotation, Long-read Genome Assembly. Mix of workshops presented regularly to local research community.
eResearch Australasia Conference October 2018, Melbourne Australia
- Enabling Australian Genomics research through enhancements to the Genomics Virtual Lab. Gareth Price, Derek Benson,Simon Gladman, Igor Makunin, Anna Syme, Helen van de Pol, Christina Hall, Nuwan Goonasekera, Andrew Isaac, Andrew Lonie, Nigel Ward, Jeff Christiansen, Gareth Price.
Genomics Workshop for Intersect, Sydney, Australia, December 2017
- Workshop: Bacterial genomics using the Galaxy platform. Simon Gladman, Anna Syme.
Genomics Workshop for Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences, University of Melbourne, Novembver 2017
- Workshop: Galaxy, Assembly, Annotation, Useful tools, Moving data, Variant calling. Simon Gladman, Anna Syme, Torsten Seemann.
Australian Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Society (ABACBS) November 2017, Adelaide, Australia
Melbourne Bioinformatics, September 2017
Presentation for eResearch South Australia, Adelaide, April 2017
- Workshop and presentation: The Genomics Virtual Laboratory and Omics Platform. Anna Syme.
Galaxy Australasia Meeting February 2017, Melbourne, Australia
University of Western Australia Microbial Genomics Workshop, Perth, Australia, November 2016
- Workshop: A next-generation sequencing workshop: assembly, annotation, variant calling. Simon Gladman, Anna Syme.
Australian Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Society November 2016, Brisbane, Australia
RDS/BPA Omics Consortium Meeting, November 2016, Melbourne
- Presentation: RDS Omics Training Material - Antibiotic resistant pathogens. Anna Syme, Torsten Seemann, Simon Gladman,
Dieter Bulach, Dominique Gorse, Xin-Yi Chua, Michael Thang, Steve Androulakis, Jeff Christiansen, Andrew Isaac; GVL support: Madison Flannery, Simon Gladman, Jessica Chung.
LSCC, VLSCI (now Melbourne Bioinformatics) 2016
Fourth International Barcode of Life Conference 2011, Adelaide, Australia
- Talk: Investigating rbcL gene duplication in grasses. Anna Syme, Frank Udovicic.
XVIII International Botanical Congress 2011, Melbourne, Australia
- Talk: A multi-gene study of relationships within the Australian grass genus Austrostipa. Anna Syme, Frank Udovicic
- DNA barcodes for stipoid grasses: developing a better tool for biosecurity. Frank Udovicic, Anna Syme, Daniel Murphy, Val Stajsic.
- Utilizing grass DNA barcodes to explore Australian ecosystems. Cross H., Murphy, D., Brown, A., Gardner, S., Syme, A. E., Jardine, D., Cantrill, D. and Lowe, A.
Society of Integrative and Comparative Biology Conference 2008, San Antonio, Texas, USA
- Talk: How quickly are eyes lost? A phylogenetic study of deep sea and shallow water cylindroleberidid ostracods. Anna Syme, Todd Oakley.
Sixth International Crustacean Congress 2005, Glasgow, United Kingdom.
- Poster: Towards a phylogeny of the Cylindroleberididae (Crustacea: Ostracoda). Anna Syme